[csswg-drafts] [css-grid] Percentages of indefinite sizes in grid gaps

From: Sergio via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 10:10:25 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
svillar has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-grid] Percentages of indefinite sizes in grid gaps ==
Hi,

back in March there was a thread on www-style about adding percentages
 to grid gaps (see
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2016Mar/0385.html). I
am not convinced at all that such a feature is needed, and I'd like to
 see real use cases (I guess that's why is at risk).

Anyway I think the percentage resolution for grid gaps is not properly
 specified whenever we have indefinite sizes. For in flow blocks we
resolve that to 'auto' but that does not make sense for grid gaps.
What should we do in those cases? (Note that we could do a 2nd pass to
 resolve the percentages but that's a pretty bad idea IMO).

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/345 using your GitHub
account