[csswg-drafts] [css-sizing] Aspect Ratio

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 00:30:59 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
fantasai has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-sizing] Aspect Ratio ==
Grid & Flexbox make the aspect ratio problem more urgent, since
they're so much better at flexible sizing than previous layout
models...

Jen Simmons wrote:
> I wish big time there were a way to transfer a calculated size from
one dimension to the other. AKA… I define columns to be 1fr each. And
I want the cells to be squares (or always have a 16x9 ratio, or
whatever — but to maintain a fixed aspect ratio). How can I define the
 rows to be 1fr-from-the-column-calculation?? I want that.

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/333 using your GitHub
account