Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display-3] grid/flex layout support for <fieldset>

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 20:51:49 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
There's nothing magical about `<fieldset>` *per spec* - it should just
 be a block normally, and accept other display values like everything
else does.

In practice, it's magic in ways that are completely unexplained in
CSS, and we haven't wanted to generalize that magic so we've never
really tried to explain it.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/321#issuecomment-232788709