[csswg-drafts] [css-sizing] width: fill needs clarifications

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 03:59:26 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
frivoal has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-sizing] width: fill needs clarifications ==
Maybe I'm just dense, but I am afraid I don't quite understand `width:
 fill` (as defined
[here](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-sizing-3/#valdef-width-fill) ).

Modulo writing modes, what does `width: fill` do that
`box-sizing:border-box; width: 100%;` doesn't? Assuming there is a
difference, (and the definitions don't seem completely equivalent,
even if at a high level they look similar), a note and/or an example
showing what it's for and how it works would be most welcome.

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/317 using your GitHub
account