[csswg-drafts] [css-color] fallback syntax

From: Chris Lilley via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 10:09:59 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
svgeesus has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-color] fallback syntax ==
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-color/#icc-colors
> color() fallback should be like font list fallback, as decided at
San Francisco. Recursive?

Fallback syntax is currently underspecified. Maybe it should be a
<color> value or maybe it allows the full range of color
specifications including lab(), color() and so on. Maybe just one
value or maybe a (comma separated, like the font stack fallback
syntax) list.

My preference would be to allow the full range of color specifications
 and to allow a list (so for example I could put something with a
large ICC profile as the first choice, but give an lab fallback and
then an sRGB fallback after that).

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/291 using your GitHub
account