Re: [csswg-drafts] [mediaqueries] Change dci-p3 back to p3

From: Chris Lilley via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 08:57:25 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I agree they should be consistent between MQ and css-color. I don't
have a strong feeling n dci-p3 and p3 but for css-color, which is not
intended to be vague, dci-p3 specifies a 1/2.6 transfer curve which
there also seems to be an Apple p3 which uses either 1/2.2 or the sRGB
 transfer curve (I have seen reports of both, and no clear
documentation on what apple uses exactly. Is that the Display P3?).

So on the one hand, DCI P3 is more accurate, which matters for the
css-color case.

On the other, other hand, p3 is shorter.

Dino, if you have some icc profiles for these p3 colorspaces, I would
love to take a look at them.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/276#issuecomment-231578320
using your GitHub account