Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-device-adapt] @viewport is preloader-hostile

From: Jacob Rossi via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 19:49:54 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
FWIW at-viewport was attempting to do more than just disable the
"developer-hostile intervention" of mobile scaling. For example,
width=[fixed number] becomes more useful because you can target
multiple fixed numbers based on media queries (e.g. scale the viewport
 to a set of well-tested fixed widths depending on the range the
device-width falls in).

So this comes back to the need to enumerate the scenarios like this
and decide which ones we care about delivering. I'm not sure I want to
 jump to the conclusion that the only scenario we're trying to enable
is disabling mobile scaling.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jacobrossi
Please view or discuss this issue at