Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-device-adapt] @viewport is preloader-hostile

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2016 14:04:59 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Hopefully we can find an elegant solution that is both preloader
friendly and preserves the separation of concerns.

If we can't find a general one though, would it really be terrible to
have a preloader that's specialized to look for `@viewport` in inline
styles inside `<head>`, but still have `@viewport` work elsewhere,
with the implied downsides in terms of perf (and have dev tools,
linters and friends warn about that)?

People who have a workflow where they can put it in the document
itself, as they do today, can do so, and other people who value
flexibility over performance could but it wherever.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/258#issuecomment-230155051
using your GitHub account