Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values] Add <number-optional-number> type

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 16:51:53 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@SebastianZ
That is a valid point, and one I'm sure @tabatkins will agree with.
But it's not going to happen in SVG 2.

I do agree with the general move to a more logical & consistent
approach to punctuation, even if I myself prefer the _x,y_ syntax for
coordinate pairs (with multiple coordinate pairs separated by spaces),
 as do many other people who come from a mathematical/scientific
background.

When we CSS-ify `viewBox`, I'm sure there will be a push to switch to
more restricted syntax, with the looser syntax only available in the
attribute for backwards compatibility.  This is pretty much what
happened with `transform`.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/385#issuecomment-242460883