Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] Percentages of indefinite sizes in grid gaps

From: Manuel Rego Casasnovas via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 07:23:20 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Just to clarify the expected behavior, imagine a grid with indefinite
width and height (e.g. an absolutely positioned grid container) where
we set the following properties:
```css
  grid: 100px 100px / 200px 200px;
  grid-gap: 10%;
```

* The gap between columns would be **40px**. As it uses the intrinsic
size of the grid container (400px) to resolve the percentage. That's
the same behavior that we use to resolve a 10% column in this case.
* However, the gap between rows would be **0px**.

BTW, percentage gaps are already implemented on Firefox since a while
ago, and we've some patches WIP in Blink and WebKit, so it should be
ready there too.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mrego
Please view or discuss this issue at