[csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] Should browser zoom affect screen.width?

From: Botond Ballo via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 00:10:21 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
theres-waldo has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [cssom-view] Should browser zoom affect screen.width? ==
In Firefox and IE/Edge, the browser's zoom level affects
`screen.width` (so that as you increase the zoom, the reported value
of `screen.width` decreases). In Chrome and Safari, it does not.

The [spec](https://drafts.csswg.org/cssom-view/#dom-screen-width)
says:

> The width attribute must return the width of the output device, in
CSS pixels.

My reading of this is that, since it says "in CSS pixels", Firefox and
 IE/Edge's behaviour is correct (since zooming in decreases the number
 of CSS pixels that fit onto the screen).

Due to the implementation divergence, I'd like to double check: is
this the intended interpretation?

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/399 using your GitHub
account