Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] user-select: none and selectionchange event

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2016 02:29:36 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Agenda+:
Do we want to include either of the following sentences (or something
close) in the defintion of `user-select: none`, or do we want to leave
 it up to UAs?

> If some part of the document is selected, and the user attempts to
start a new selection in an element where user-select is none, the
existing selection must not be discarded or changed.

or

> If some part of the document is selected, and the user attempts to
start a new selection in an element where user-select is none, the
existing selection must be discarded.

Chrome and Firefox do the first one, but and Edge Safari do the second
 one. Do we want to align behavior one way or the other, or are we
comfortable with leaving this up to the UA?

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/319#issuecomment-238436103