Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui-4][user-select] value is used value?

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 14:39:41 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> since people would then be able to override it

I think it's ok to allow override when needed in edge cases, such as
nested editable host. We should provide the correct default, while
allowing authors to override, looks good design to me.

BTW, the link to "editable host" is broken in the spec, you probably
mean
http://w3c.github.io/editing/contentEditable.html#dfn-editing-host
correct?

Thanks for the info for Gecko, I didn't know it can support properties
 without exposing to OM.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/336#issuecomment-238258350