Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui-4][user-select] value is used value?

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 07:21:27 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Also, note that one other reason for the magic auto-based pseudo
inheretiance was to make it possible to preserve a Mozilla behavior:
in their implementation, user-select doesn't inherit into absolute
positioned children. Mozilla has said that this was a historical
accident, and that they're OK with changing that, so I've changed the
computed value rules of `auto` accordingly, but the auto-based
pseudo-inheritance does allow us to do this kind of thing, while the
proposed design does not. Personally, I'm OK with losing that ability,
 but I think it's worth mentioning it while we're discussing the
design.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/336#issuecomment-238159657