Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-pseudo] Highlight pseudo-el cascade rules doesn't match reality

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2016 21:24:07 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The current mismatch you're complaining about (that an unstyled
::selection uses the initial styles, not that of its parent
::selection), is not even useful, not just “not ideal”. I'm open to
discussing this, but I also think we should consider what would
actually be useful to Web authors, not just what's currently
implemented.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/374#issuecomment-237048730