Re: Meeting tomorrow, Go/No Go decision

Looking forward to the discussion tomorrow and, hopefully, to seeing the
four submissions made thus far.

In the meantime, I rendered PolitiFact's methodology in StratML format
and included it in my listing at https://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm#CWCG

I am especially interested in their Goal 5: Campaign Promises
<https://stratml.us/carmel/iso/PLTFCTwStyle.xml#_593db2da-e698-11ec-854b-d21c2b83ea00>
- Track campaign promises.  It is closely related to and would be
well-supported by these StratML use cases:

    Goal 9:Candidates for Elective Office
    <https://stratml.us/carmel/iso/UC4SwStyle.xml#_0fc1db9c-08a5-11e6-b06f-a2fa45c7ae33>
    - Publish the issue statements of candidates for elective office as
    performance plans on the Web in open, standard, machine-readable format.

    Goal 10: Elected Representatives
    <https://stratml.us/carmel/iso/UC4SwStyle.xml#_654e441c-0969-11e6-97e7-059645c7ae33>
    - Upon election, flesh out the candidates' plans to document more
    explicit stakeholder roles and performance indicators for their
    performance in office.

The International Fact-Checking Network's about statement has been
available in StratML format since May 2018 but may be due for an update
at https://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm#IFCN

 From my perspective, a primary point is that none of this can be
accomplished efficiently and effectively unless and until the underlying
information is published in open, standard, machine-readable format.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine-readable_document

It will be interesting to see if the CWCG's draft form might lead to the
establishment of such a standard.  In the meantime, StratML (ISO
17469-1) has already been established as a duly adopted international
/de jure/ standard.  U.S. federal agencies have been directed by law
<https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/open-machine-readable-government-owen-ambur/>
to use something like it and legislation recently introduced
<https://www.linkedin.com/posts/owenambur_congressgov-library-of-congress-activity-6930927767131758592-38yC/?utm_source=linkedin_share&utm_medium=member_desktop_web>
by Senators Peters and Braun would require them to update their
performance reports on a quarterly basis.

BTW, I've just about finished reading Nadine Strossen's book, /Hate: Why
We Should Resist It with Free Speech, Not Censorship. /

Owen
https://www.linkedin.com/in/owenambur/