Re: Some web sites collect salacious gossip and charge $2000 to remove it

Rather than talk about what Google could or should do, I would like to talk
about results and how to get them.  I believe it is apparent that section
230 has resulted in pretty awful behavior that should not exist in an
inclusive society. So the point is that  words have consequences. I hope we
all agree on that. Now the question is should the publisher of the words
suffer consequences of the behavior that results from the words. The
publisher makes money from the act of publishing the words, so they are the
most likely target of any sort of fix. Asking the victim to pay to correct
the consequences while the publisher makes money from the words just seem
wrong. (Here I make the leap that Google should be recognized as the
publisher.)

Be the change you want to see in the world ..tom