Re: A Credibility Use Case: Lessig v New York Times ("Clickbate Defamation")

> On 30 Aug 2021, at 17:21, Siegman, Tzviya <tsiegman@wiley.com> wrote:
>
> Something to keep in mind as we work on this is that even respected and credible news sources are telling a version of the truth. I’m not commenting on whether the NYT was being truthful or not in their article, but I think it’s important to remember that credibility and truth are not the same thing. It is impossible (I think) to write a formula to detect the truth, especially since my version of the truth and your version of the truth might be different.

Yes, I’ve argued the same thing in previous calls and emails. Furthermore, in practice, I don’t think “truth” really matters… See, for example, https://theintercept.com/2021/07/21/election-fraud-trump-preposterous/ <https://theintercept.com/2021/07/21/election-fraud-trump-preposterous/>.
But this is a long discussion…

Cheers