Re: A Credibility Use Case: Lessig v New York Times ("Clickbate Defamation")

Should the individual author own the credibility metrics, with the
publisher being one of the inputs?

So the NYT as a publisher would increcrement Ross Douthat's credibility
score, but his byline/this article would carry a discrete, probably lower
score than assigned to the NYT editorial board, alumni like Abramson,
etc.... This would also allow op-eds to inherit a score from a known author.

The only other scalable signal I think would be useful is if one could flag
that part of the image is an original work being used out of the original
context. This could warn viewers that memes, quotes, and image mosaics like
the Isis Jima photo are derivatives.

drew