Re: IPTC draft credibility guidelines released for feedback

This is very good news, Brendan.

The NewsCode Scheme is now available in StratML Part 1, Strategic Plan,
format at https://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm#NCS

Here are some comments, for whatever they may be worth:

 1. While we must deal with reality as it currently exists, we should
    also pursue continuous improvement.
 2. We already have far too much "policy" in narrative format and far
    too few actual performance plans and reports, in open, standard,
    machine-readable format.
 3. While "short cuts" (like stories) are essential in the routine of
    everyday life, they exclude information (i.e., reliable data) that
    may be critical for consideration when risks may be high.
 4. HTML is a shortcut enabling the presentation of data.
    https://stratml.us/references/FlashyVIntelligentWeb.pdf
 5. The incumbents whose business cases and competitive advantages are
    based upon legacy data formats and the inefficiency of others should
    not be allowed to stand in the way of innovation and progress.
 6. We should aim for more mature business processes.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine-readable_document

I take this reference as further confirmation of my bias toward the
importance of the character of the content versus the style of the
presentation: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Style_over_substance

I wonder if Miki paid Google to make this their top hit on "bias toward
style versus substance":
https://www.megumimiki.com/blog/bias-towards-style-over-substance-is-keeping-your-real-talent-hidden

Surely, there must be an evolutionary basis for our often irrational
attraction to attractiveness, commonly to the exclusion of factors more
relevant to the achievement of our objectives.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/artificial-ignorance-owen-ambur/

See, for example,
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0162309595000682

With reference to credibility "signals," this reference also uses that
term:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/312719482_Evolutionary_Basis_of_Attraction

Just some thoughts ... for whatever they might be worth.

Owen