WebExtensions Community Group Launched

From: <public-council@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 15:52:36 +0000
To: "Theresa O'Connor" <hober@apple.com>,"Timothy Hatcher" <timothy@apple.com>,"Philipp Kewisch" <kewisch@mozilla.com>,"Simeon Vincent" <svincent@gmail.com>,"Mukul Purohit" <mpurohit@microsoft.com>,Cc: public-council@w3.org
With your support, the WebExtensions Community Group has been launched:
  http://www.w3.org/community/webextensions/

This group was originally proposed on 2021-06-01
by Theresa O'Connor. The following people supported its
creation:
      Theresa O'Connor
      Timothy Hatcher
      Philipp Kewisch
      Simeon Vincent
      Mukul Purohit

To join the group, please use:
 http://www.w3.org/community/webextensions/join

Please note that supporting a group is different from joining
a group. Supporters must also enroll if they wish to participate.

We will specify a model, permissions, and a common core of APIs for web
browser extensions. By specifying the APIs, functionality, and
permissions of WebExtensions, we can make it even easier for extension
developers to enhance end user experience, while moving them towards
APIs that improve performance and prevent abuse.

Charter: https://github.com/hober/web-extensions/blob/main/charter.md

Thank you,

W3C Community Development Team