Schema Extensions for IoT Community Group Launched

From: <public-council@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 18:31:52 +0000
To: "Michael Koster" <michael.koster@smartthings.com>,"Richard Wallis" <richard.wallis@dataliberate.com>,"Vicki Holland" <vtardif@google.com>,"Thad Guidry" <thadguidry@gmail.com>,"Jason Koh" <bk7749@gmail.com>,"Ari Keränen" <ari.keranen@ericsson.com>,"Anicic Darko" <darko.anicic@siemens.com>,"Aparna Saisree Thuluva" <aparna.thuluva@gmail.com>,
Cc: public-council@w3.org
With your support, the Schema Extensions for IoT Community Group has been launched:
  http://www.w3.org/community/iotschema/

This group was originally proposed on 2019-01-17
by Michael Koster. The following people supported its
creation:
      Michael Koster
      Richard Wallis
      Vicki Holland
      Thad Guidry
      Jason Koh
      Ari Keränen
      Anicic Darko
      Aparna Saisree Thuluva

To join the group, please use:
 http://www.w3.org/community/iotschema/join

Please note that supporting a group is different from joining
a group. Supporters must also enroll if they wish to participate.

--------------------
This Community Group is for creating extensions to Schema.org for IoT
use cases. We have been holding regular community teleconferences since
2017 and now would like to formalize our work and accept contributions
from the community.

A W3C CG is the logical next step in our organization, as we already
work with other W3C CG, IG, and WG entities.

Our original charter is at:
https://github.com/iot-schema-collab/ws-charter/blob/master/iotschema-charter.txt
A revised charter for the CG is at:
https://github.com/iot-schema-collab/intro-materials/blob/master/wg-charter.md