Re: Some templates started [Was: Missing op agreement warning]

On 7 Jan 2013, at 3:43 PM, Josh Soref wrote:

> Ian wrote:
>>   Note: This group does not (yet) have a charter that describes its decision
>> process, and because of the lightweight CG process, there is limited
>> accountability in how the Chair reaches decisions.
>
> I like this.
>
>> Those are overly sweeping statements. There are, for example, licensing
>> commitments over which the Chair has no say.
>
> While I can understand not wanting to enumerate them, perhaps it might be worth pointing to something?

Well, for instance, there are commitments one makes as a Chair:

 "Each Community Group must have at least one Chair who is responsible for ensuring the group fulfills the requirements of this document as well as the group’s operational agreements."

Say the CG decides to hold a meeting. The process lists a few things that are the responsibility of the Chair with respect to agenda, etc. It is not the case that the chair has no obligation to maintain commitments."

Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/community/about/agreements/