Re: WP Template

On 26 Sep 2011, at 12:33 AM, ri@odrl.net wrote:

> Hi - we are transferring our HTML docs over to our Community sites as WordPress Pages.
> (For example, see: http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/2-0/ds-model-20110217/)
>
> Is it possible to have a WP Template that does not include any LH or RH cloumn?
> This would give us more screen real-estate for the document.

We have a template with left-hand side but no right-hand side. The left hand side is not terribly wide. Would you mind trying it out first?

To use it, when editing a page look in the UI on the right under the section Page Attributes. There you will see a Template pulldown. You can select Base Template (LHS + Main).

If that doesn't work, I will look into a "main only" template (which won't be difficult I imagine).

> Also - as we are new to WordPress - should we still follow the standard model of a new dated Page for each update to our specs or can WP handle this better???

What about just editing the document in place on the same page?

Ian