Re: W3C Community on Vocabularies

On 07/26/2011 10:30 AM, Thomas Baker wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'd like to help organize a W3C Community on vocabularies.  Potential members
> would include maintainers of vocabularies (DC, FOAF, SKOS, AGROVOC, BIBO,
> GoodRelations, schema.org...).  Issues would include:
>
> -- Long-term preservation of vocabularies: By what mechanism
>     should archival responsibility devolve to memory institutions (see,
>     e.g., [3]).?
>
> -- Alignments: How should alignments be expressed and by what models
>     (e.g., third parties or vocabulary maintainers themselves)?
>
> -- Maintenance best practice: e.g., versioning and tools.
>
> These and other issues were discussed at the LOD-LAM Summit in
> June [1] and will be taken up in a meeting on vocabulary maintenance
> and alignments on 21 September in The Hague [2].

Thomas,

Good to hear from you!

Have you looked at the ontology-lexicon group [1] for overlap?

I still think, given your subject matter, that you could start a
separate group. How quickly do you want to start (we can start ASAP)?

If you wish to start, you need to give me:

1) A Name: ("Vocabulary Best Practices")
2) A shortname: (such as "vocabs")
3) A short (1-3 paragraph) description

    cheers,
        harry