Re: Re: Re: Draft Web and Mobile Interest Group Charter

Le vendredi 19 avril 2013 à 16:42 +0000, SULLIVAN, BRYAN L a écrit :
> The proposed text was in my comments earlier in this thread. If that's
> not clear enough I can amplify but I think it should be clear from
> that.

> "Observer status is automatically extended to current and future
> members of the CoreMob CG in particular, upon request through the
> public mailing list @@@. Observers in the Web and Mobile Interest
> Group will have the ability to contribute equally in the work of the
> group including virtual and F2F meeting attendance."

Then I don't think this is going to fly. W3C has already an invited
expert status, W3C Membership is available to any company that deems it
worthy, the process allows the Chairs to invite observers to their
discretion, the mailing list would be openly subscribable and postable
by anyone; I don't think pushing that envelope to say that anyone at all
can have full participation status in the group will be acceptable to
W3C management — after all, the promise is that W3C is investing the
resources it is getting from its members to make the IG run.

Dom