Re: Ringmark, Core Mobile, and the Financial Times

On 6/12/12 6:52 AM, ext Robin Berjon wrote:
> So we have resources on one side and work that needs to be done on
> testing on the other, but something is not happening — I'd like to
> know why.

Please ignore the following if your question is purely rhetorical ...

Testing is `hard` and has no `glory`?

WRT the former, if testharness.js is considered a blocker, related
comments, flames, etc. should be sent to public-test-infra@w3.org
(unless James suggests otherwise).

WRT the later, Marcos did a good job of creating a cover page for each
of the web application packing spec's Test Suites and he acknowledged
the Test Contributors (e.g. [1]) so there is at least one way to provide
some recognition (although the Contributors could be more prominent like
Editors in specs).

> It would certainly help if some in the 200+ lurkers were to speak up!
> Perhaps it is that there's something missing in making it possible,
> easier, simpler, clearer, better incentivised to apply the former to
> the latter.

I think someone recently mentioned (perhaps at last May's AC meeting)
the idea of a "testing tax". For example, a mandatory requirement to
attend CoreMob's upcoming f2f meeting could be submitting at least 25
test cases (using testharness.js) to one of the specs this group
considers "core". [No pain, no gain and such ;-).]

-AB

[1]