Re: Ringmark, Core Mobile, and the Financial Times

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 11:13:34 +0200, Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com> wrote:

> On 6/11/12 11:05 AM, "Charles McCathieNevile" <chaals@opera.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 23:03:36 +0200, Robert Shilston
>> <robert.shilston@ft.com> wrote:
>>
>>> 2) Ability to create home screen / chrome-less web apps without needing
>>>
>>> native wrappers.  A combination of
>>> https://people.mozilla.com/~anarayanan/webapps.html and the Fullscreen
>>> API will help this.
>>
>> Apart from lack of broad implementation (which is obviously a
>> show-stopper for practical deployment of an app), do you have any
>> comments about what widgets did wrong in this area?
>
> Outside of the name? :-P

Seriously, I think the name turned people off - and while that seems silly
it was also a real problem. I'd like to understand what other real
problems existed in that technology stack, because I have found a lot of
things it got right (other than deployment).

(Feel free to redirect answers to the "public-native-web-apps@w3.org"
<public-native-web-apps@w3.org> community group, BTW. In fact, I would
encourage you to do that...)

cheers

     je parle français -- hablo español -- jeg kan noen norsk