Re: Network Information Use Cases

Hello everyone,

The use cases proposed by Jean-Francois are of interest to me, too. In addition to them, I want to show another use case of network information such as below:

· International Roaming: Almost all smartphones can access the web when we go anywhere in the world, by applying international 3G roaming. Roaming services require much higher fee, so eliminating data traffic and offline functionality are desired when 3G roaming is being applied and no wi-fi connection is available. It's useful to detect which 3G carrier is currently connected to, as well as to detect/switch the type of connection.

Best,

-- Tomoyuki
KDDI Corporation, Japan