Re: W3C Conversational Interfaces CG Meeting 2

Hi Sujay,

Glad to have you on board again!

The last major activity was in November with the publication of the DM
Script [1] report and then on-going demos [2] that showcase DM Script on
the browser.

I agree that we need to revive meetings to occur once a quarter instead of
twice a year. How about next week or early March - is there a day that
works best for you?

Open items include:
* Add "Export to DMPL" and "Import from DMPL" [3] options to open-source
authoring tools such as Twine [4]
* Add more DM Script demos to the scratchpad [2]
* Establish visualization best-practices for dialogue flow. What's the
standard "UML" diagram for visualizing a chatbot's decision making?
* Establish inter-bot communication protocols (managing a federation of
bots/skills). What meta-data should every chatbot skill come packaged with,
so that it can live in harmony in a large bank of skills.
* Establish a declarative language for defining high-utility vs.
low-utility situations. We've started some initial unfinished work [5].

[1] https://www.w3.org/2019/11/dms/
[2] https://conversational-interfaces.github.io/dms-scratchpad/
[3] https://www.w3.org/2019/04/dmpl/
[4] https://twinery.org/
[5] https://conversational-interfaces.github.io/pum/

Best,
Nishant

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 8:44 AM Sujay Suresh Kumar <contact@sujayskumar.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Due to a hectic work schedule, I wasn't able to be as active in this group
> as I had hoped to be. But with a recently changing environment, I find
> myself having some free time and would love to contribute more to this
> effort. I see that there hasn't been much activity in this group from a
> long time. Are there any open items/agendas that you would like to
> collaborate on?
>
> Regards,
> Sujay S Kumar
>
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 2:13 AM Nishant Shukla <shukla@dm.ai> wrote:
>
>> Thank you for attending the meeting. We had a very diverse representation
>> of industries, from accessibility to artificial intelligence.
>>
>> The meeting minutes are here:
>> https://github.com/conversational-interfaces/conversational-interfaces.github.io/wiki/002-Minutes-June-17,-2019
>> If you see a typo/mistake in the meeting minutes, please feel free to
>> edit the wiki article directly.
>>
>> The next meeting will be at a time more convenient for those
>> participating from Asia.
>>
>> Best,
>> Nishant
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 8:49 AM Nishant Shukla <shukla@dm.ai> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> We've been making some stellar progress towards implementing our first
>>> spec: Dialogue Manager Programming Language
>>> <https://www.w3.org/2019/04/dmpl/>.
>>>
>>> I would like to show you a working chat-bot in our next meeting, which
>>> will be *Monday June 17, 2019* at *9 am PST (4 pm GMT)*. I'll send out
>>> calendar invites shortly.
>>>
>>> Agenda (30 min total):
>>> 1. Introduce yourself (5 min)
>>> 2. DMPL <https://www.w3.org/2019/04/dmpl/> status update (10 min)