Re: I considered presenting

On 23 March 2013 05:51, Brent Shambaugh <brent.shambaugh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Community I/O,
>
> I was considering presenting at the 7th IEEE International Conference on
> Digital Ecosystems and Technologies Special Theme - Complex Environment
> Engineering Conference
> (http://dest2013.digital-ecology.org/) but then I realized that I might
> have not all that much to present. At least, it's full of holes.
>
> I posted a blog called A Distributed Economy which is described in a
> nutshell by the figure in the overview post: (
> http://adistributedeconomy.blogspot.com/2012/03/overview.html).
> To me its goal is to accomplish the same thing as what Markus Sabadello
> described in his vimeo video, The Three Visions (http://vimeo.com/15038426
> ).
>
> A few unresolved questions are:
>
> How will funding work?
> Will it be like this (
> http://adistributedeconomy.blogspot.com/2012/03/distributed-funding.html)
> with Ripple and PaySwarm?

Ripple did a very smart thing and they printed 100 billion of their own
currency, ripples (XRIP).

1. A very important thing is that no more of this currency will ever be
printed.

2. This currency is also used to operate a transaction in the system
(distributed ledger a la bitcoin) to prevent spamming

Ripple is currently trading at .1 cents to the ripple.  Meaning the project
has a valuation of 100m usd (not bad for 3 months old) which has allowed
them to hire about 12 developers and also give some rewards to the
community.