Re: Market Idea

Excerpts from Daniel Harris's message of 2012-02-29 01:34:32 +0000:
> On 29 Feb 2012, at 02:13, hellekin <hellekin@cepheide.org> wrote:
> > *** Sounds like Amazon's wishlist. Is there an RDF model for something
> > like that? I would definitely use it :]
> >
> > I need:
> >  - a ride to amsterdam
> >  - a crash in Berlin for the next couple of months
> >  - a new pair of pants :P
> >
> > I offer:
> >  - free service to the community, not targeted to any single
> > individual or project
> >    - free 24/7 sysadmin on lorea machines and friends
> >    - free help for Debian lovers
> >    - free help for Free Software lovers
> >    - free massage
> >    - free cooking
> >
> > Dammit, maybe I should charge... That's why people restrict themselves
> > to "clients" and "customers": they get income out of it. I'm learning
> > slowly. So maybe I could shorten my list:
> >
> > - - I need a job that lets me advance free software and global
> > cooperation and pay for my travel expenses without requiring me to
> > pretend that I want to sell bullshit to anybody.
>
> You 'should' be able to mix free and paid offers and requests within one description. And have different criteria for each one depending on the recipient. Like I'll do free stuff for unemployed but charge for people with income.

Hi Daniel,

Have you taken a look at this site i've shared before on this list:
http://polyeconomy.hackers4peace.net/

I would add to the 'paid' - which accounting system you want to use: 'mainstream/state currencies', LETS, Bitcoin, some Ripple based system etc.

And between 'paid' with monetary currencies and 'free' i also see place for various other variants: reputation based, 'in return please just give me confirmation of my contribution' - for building up 'social karma'. Or also 'shared benefit' variants: I will volounteer in common transporation collective if i get 'share of tickets' to share with who i want to.

BTW i've just contacted people collaborating on development of 'API for sharing' as you may read in this article:
http://shareable.net/blog/an-api-for-sharing
https://groups.google.com/group/api-for-sharing

Yesterday i've got sys-notification about Juho Makkonen (author of post mentioned above) joining our group =)
Hi Juho, glad to make connection!

Cheers!
=)
~ elf Pavlik ~