Re: 'getting ball rolling' here =)

Excerpts from Melvin Carvalho's message of 2012-02-07 09:32:55 +0000:

> >> ok, looks interesting. two questions pop up:
> >> * how to describe wishes?
> >>  someone on public-vocabs were suggesting 'demands' in this thread: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2012Jan/0012.html
> >
> > there is a gr:seeks property, similar to gr:offers
> > http://www.heppnetz.de/ontologies/goodrelations/v1.html#seeks
> >
> >> * at first glance goodrelations makes assumption of using an accounting system of 'mainstream/state money', any suggestions how to approach listing multiple 'accounting systems' per offering/wish, where 'mainstream money' would act just as one of many avialable options (including non monetary services like ones based on 'social karma', 'shared benefit' etc.)?
> >
> > this could be done by extending GoodRelations in another ontology that will host subclasses of the gr:PaymentMethod class, although it's meant to describe a monetary process, but perhaps this is just a "narrow" vision of the GR spec.
> > Could be interesting to ask on their mailing list if such kinds of extensions
> > (gr:PaymentMethodKarma, gr:PaymentMethod:Barter ...)
> > could be merged into GR, rather than begin to create "data islands", GR is more and more widely used in e-commerce packages
>
> I have a system for multi and alternative currency transfers.  It's
> called "Web Credits"
>
> http://webcredits.org/
>
> There's also the more advanced web commerce spec:
>
> http://payswarm.com/specs/

How do they work with non monetary accounting? So no fictional currency just 'real' information, like:
'I've received 20kg of potatos'
'I've had coworking desk available for 3 days'
'I've had used farming tractor XYZ for 3 weeks (from - to)'

Or services:
'I've received dental check service 1h long at date_time'
'I've completed task_uri requested by common transport collective in Berlin'

So no evaluation into some units but just logging, signing and publishing. Later everyone can evaluate this information in a subjective way using various custom algorithms of one's choice. Which can have rules like 'warn if contributing in a slaughterhouse', 'highlight if contributing to open technologies' etc.

=)
~ elf Pavlik ~
--
(living strictly moneyless already for over 2 years)
http://wwelves.org/perpetual-tripper