Re: modeling shares of benefits (ex. electricity in a grid, trips on common transit etc.)

Excerpts from Patrick Anderson's message of 2012-08-30 20:36:44 +0000:
> ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> > this GNUrho sounds somehow like what i refer to
> > as *fictional monetary currency* nowadays
> > including USD/EURO & co. Bitcoin, LETS etc.
>
> Hey, those currencies are backed by either
> *nothing* or (even worse) by *debt*.
>
> The GNUrho is not fictional, it is real Insurance.
>
> Each GNUrho is a bundle of "Property Ownership
> Titles" combined with a set of "Labor Bonds" that
> 'back' - or in other words 'guarantee' (with
> limitations) the production of some good or
> service.
>
> For example, if you co-own a Dentist office and
> all the tools for Dentristry, and you also 'hire'
> (by cross-committing future labor within the VIPM)
> a Dentist or two, then you have created actual
> Dental Insurance that does not require
> token-passing except to account for whether a
> co-owner has already received some instance of
> that product (for example, whether you have had
> your scheduled checkup).
>
> > i find it quite straight forward that all the
> > contributors from making steel, then parts,
> > transporting it, assembling, cooking food in
> > factories participating in production, fixing
> > buses and driving them, all might like to have
> > their shares of *bus trips* from the pool made
> > possible by capacity of this bus.
>
> That is important for any such worker that *wants*
> bus trips, and we must track this case, but it is
> the most simple case.
>
> The more difficult case to consider is when the
> worker wants to be compensated with goods or
> services that have nothing to do with making or
> driving or maintaining buses.
>
> For example, a bus driver needs many things such
> as food and shelter and clothing and soap and
> utilities that he cannot spend his time dealing
> with, and so wants others to do that work *for
> him* in exchange for driving the bus for them (or
> sometimes the connection will not be so direct -
> such that the bus driver would be working for
> person A who is working for person B who is
> working for person C who is working for the bus
> driver).
>
> Resolving these dependency chains is too slow for
> the barter of Products *after* production is
> complete.
>
> But we have time to resolve these chains when
> bartering Skills *before* production begins.
>
> > by sticking to the actual benefit of this very involved collaborative process: *bus trips* and sharing it among all contributors, we don't introduce any fictional artifact as in monetary currencies :)
>
> I understand your intent, but it is not quite
> complicated enough ;)
>
> In order for us to enjoy the benefits of voluntary
> specialization, we must also allow workers to
> "cross-commit" value to projects for which they
> have the skills but do not want any of the
> Product.
>
> This allows people to concentrate on jobs they
> enjoy (and of course that are needed within the
> VIPM) without worrying that other facets of their
> [...]

i would just like to clarify shortly how i see our aims here :)
we DO NOT search for *the best economic system* but rather for technical foundations to support:

*coexistence of diversity of complementary systems* where people can choose to participate or not in any number of them!

i can think of at lest couple different variants, which i try to start describing at: http://polyeconomy.info
i see you have at least one quite involved variant and maybe some other complementary to it.

hopefully other people will also add all kind of variants they can think of to this mix, and then we can focus on technologies supporting COEXISTENCE of all those systems.

very likely i need to work more on moderating enthusiasm about my ideas and crating more space for people to bring their ideas, even if we don't see that we would like to participate in system other person wants to implement we can make effort to develop technologies that they can use it with other interested people :)

my apologies if i put too much emphasis on approaches i prefer, i look forward to get to know all kind of variants people want to bring to this mix and us all to find ways of developing our visions while not stepping on visions of others (well at least those who participate in this group ;)

how does it sound?