Re: Techniques for WCAG 2.0: T3: Using standard text formatting conventions for headings (TXT)

Dear Working Group Members, at the risk of again sounding critical, and considering the difficulty a random user might have in understanding this technique, I would appreciate if the following text (your response, which I slightly modified)  could be added to the description, which follows:

"The programmatic identification of the Heading is the two blank lines preceding it and one blank line succeeding it. Text documents are necessarily void of underlying structure and so structure must be indicated in the programmatic layout for screen readers. This programmatic layout will enable screen readers to voice blank lines twice before the text that will be considered as a heading.
A screen magnifier user would decipher headings by visually identifying the space before it (or their technology may have Screen reader capabilities that can identify the spaces)",

or something similar.

This makes the technique more comprehensible, with it's 'no underlying structure' paradigm.  By the way, I would not have questioned this technique if it had been made clear in the first place, and this  kind of response exactly did that.

Regarding this technique, what happens when webpages are saved as text documents? Would T3 be applicable in such cases?

Or, would a webpage need to be formatted such that when it's underlying structure is removed, it conforms to T3?

Thanks,
Devarshi