Congrats on WCAG 2 Flash Techniques (with minor change requests)

From: James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 12:26:26 -0700
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org
Congratulations to the Adobe Accessibility team for creation of the WCAG 2 Flash Techniques. It's an impressive resource.

I noticed that the following disclaimer is applied to many (but not all) of the Flash techniques that rely on accessibility APIs to convey information to the user's assistive technology.

> Flash accessibility support for assistive technology relies on use in Windows operating systems, using Internet Explorer 6 or later (with Flash Player 6 or later) or Mozilla Firefox 3 or later (with Flash Player 9 or later).

I think it's a good idea to keep this note prominently located on each of the applicable techniques, because many developers still don't realize that Flash is only accessible to Windows users. I did see the note in the compilation page (http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20-TECHS/flash.html#flash_accessibility_support) that Adobe plans accessibility support for Mac and Linux, but until that support is available, the disclaimer above should be added to these pages as well.

http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20-TECHS/FLASH8.html
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20-TECHS/FLASH10.html
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20-TECHS/FLASH11.html
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20-TECHS/FLASH12.html
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20-TECHS/FLASH13.html
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20-TECHS/FLASH17.html
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20-TECHS/FLASH18.html
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20-TECHS/FLASH21.html

Also, an image is missing from the following page.
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20-TECHS/FLASH8.html