Re: Text Links (WCAG 2.0/2.4.4 and 2.4.9)

Hi Chris--

It's important to think about accessibility in a broader context, in
other words, how well your Website (and in this case Website links) will
assist a person using adaptive technology.

For example, someone who is blind cannot see the surrounding text, and
will have to rely on either the content of your link alone or the
content of your link and the preceding text. So my suggestion would be
to have your link text show: "U.S. Army Homepage." That way someone
using a screen reader will hear "U.S." instead of "us" and will know the
destination page ("homepage").

Hope that helps. This is my opinion, however. I do not sit on a W3C
advisory committee so don't represent the W3C brain-trust.  :^)

Best regards,

Mike Elledge
Assistant Director
Usability & Accessibility Center