Re: Pre-meeting Thoughts on HDR Canvas

I sent my response too quickly.
Yes, blending in perceptually uniform spaces definitely has its uses, as you point out.
What I *meant* to have written is that blending in gamma-encoded sRGB space is never optimal, since it's neither perceptually uniform, nor linear light. There are cases where it's *acceptable*, but I have not yet come across cases where it's *better* (for any definition of "better") over both perceptually uniform spaces like Lab *and* linear light spaces like XYZ.

Cheers,
Lea

Lea Verou ✿ http://lea.verou.me ✿ Twitter & elsewhere: @leaverou