Re: Colour communication beyond sRGB

Hi Craig et al.,

Some input:

- the table is missing the COLOR.6 (P3 primaries, D65 white point and
PQ EOTF) and COLOR.4 (xvYCC709 as specified in IEC 61966-2-4) systems
used in IMF App 2E (SMPTE ST 2067-21)

- If I am not mistaken, BT.709 (to display) is specified in BT.1886
(BT.709 specifies only the OETF)

- Shouldn't the "to display" tab should be split into "display
colorspaces" and "encoding colorspaces", i.e. pixels are not encoded
in the DCI P3 D55 colorspace and many displays that accept Rec.2020
signals cannot reproduce the full Rec.2020 gamut. In fact, perhaps the
"encoding colorspaces" tab should further differentiate between
mastering/professional colorspaces (COLOR.6 and DCDM) from colorspaces
in use for distribution.

- the sRGB reference monitor peak is 80 nits

- 48 nits is only required for the Xenon reference white in 431-2

- 'Display P3' has been renamed 'image-p3' in the most recent CSS draft [1]

[1] https://drafts.csswg.org/css-color/

Best,

-- Pierre