Re: [EXTERNAL] Mental Health Subgroup Meeting: Thursday, 18th July

For the Trigger Warnings paper, I wanted to submit some examples of various keyword blockers.

This is not a specific endorsement of these tools, but more an awareness of their existence.

A keyword blocker extension on chrome (There are several different ones on all the major browsers) EmoGauard - Keyword Blocker<https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/emoguard-keyword-blocker/jgjkefnbeaoejcbpfggcggicconjfldd?hl=en> which is fully customizable if you search within the settings. I tested it and changed from the emoji to “**Redacted** which made more sense to me. It successfully blocks all keywords on a page.
To search for other Keyword blockers, simply google “keyword blocker” or “web filter” and many come up.

An example of an extension that has keyword blocking as well as other functions is F.B.Purity. Fluff Busting Purity a type of filter specifically for the social media platform Facebook, it has a chrome extension as well as other information on their site. Here is the chrome extension Fluff Busting Purity<https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/fluff-busting-purity/nmkinhboiljjkhaknpaeaicmdjhagpep?hl=en>, there are others that can be found that do similar things.

Many of the social media platforms already have this built into their apps already which is the most secure way to block content. Youtube, Facebook, Twitter/X and TikTok for sure have the functionality.

Thank you,
--
Tiffany Burtin (She.Her.Hers.)
Senior Software Development Engineer,

[LGBTQIA+ Heart Safe Space]  [Disability Pride Flag]

[Aetna][CVS Health]