-Alastair

From: Sarah Horton
Hi, all.

I’m adding COGA TF back into this thread, as they were left off along the way.

There’s been helpful input and suggestions from a number of people, trying to address different user needs affected by the use of hover/focus to show and provide access to content and functionality.

I’m disappointed to see the SC removed from WCAG 2.2. My interpretation is that we diverged at some point and ended up focusing on different intents and trying to solve for different user needs in one SC. I regret my role in not being able to move it forward together and get something useful into WCAG 2.2.

Could we put together a new group to take a stab at this again, starting from the beginning and with new perspectives, so that we’re ready with something for the next version of WCAG? Maybe this could be taken up by a Silver TF subgroup, or used as the basis for one of those mapping exercises.

Best,
Sarah