RE: [External] : Re: Content Usable pronouns and Tal

I will not object to any of these 3 options, but my preferred is #3.

Regards,
Chuck

From: Rachael Bradley Montgomery <rachael@accessiblecommunity.org>
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2021 10:11 AM
To: Niemann, Gundula <gundula.niemann@sap.com>
Cc: John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>; Lisa Seeman <lisa1seeman@gmail.com>; Rain Michaels <rainb@google.com>; Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>; Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>; WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>; public-cognitive-a11y-tf <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Subject: [External] : Re: Content Usable pronouns and Tal

Hello,

With my chair hat on, I want to point out that W3 guidance encourages us to include gender diversity in our personas and documentation. From that perspective we should work to include Tal as a gender neutral persona.

With my chair hat off, I personally will object to publishing if we do not include Tal as a gender neutral persona.

Putting my chair hat back on, I would like to find a compromise solution as a way to go forward and we seemed to be close.

Assuming we keep the persona, I believe we have 3 options:

Option 1) Include the gender statement only in Tal
Option 2) Include the gender statement in all personas
Option 3) Do not add a pronoun statement to any persona

John and Gundala - I believe you object to option 1 and it sounds like that stance is non-negotiable.

Lisa has serious concerns about option 2 potentially leading to confusion when a gender specific persona is read without understanding the persona set as a whole.

I would like to suggest option 3 (no pronoun statements at all) as a middle ground. John - you had argued for that in an earlier email. Can you live with it now?

Other thoughts?

I do want to note that both COGA and AG will need to agree so COGA participants weighing in here would be helpful.  I appreciate the continued respectful dialogue to work this out.

Thank you,

Rachael