Re: Content Usable pronouns and Tal

Hi John,

Thank you for the followup questions.

*Regarding tokenism:* this is an excellent point. I know the task force has
been working quite hard to keep the document as slim as possible (which is
not slim at all), but including this line at the end of each persona
introduction may be a reasonable request and feels like a good solution.

*Regarding cultural sensitivity: *while I appreciate your concern, I have a
few thoughts on this. The individuals coga is most actively trying to
include are the most historically unheard and left out. I feel that it is
worth including and acknowledging who these individuals are, and I feel
that the way this persona is written has a nice subtly that doesn't make it
feel like we are forcing cultural change. For those cultural spaces that
don't yet have mental space for diverse gender identities, my feeling is
that they are more likely to simply read this framing as "unusual" but not
put too much more thought into it.

I also want to add that I'm learning a lot from this conversation, and am
very aware that I am new to the group and don't have the same overall
background. Thank you for inviting me to be an active part of this
conversation.
Rain