Re: review of EO's of “How People with Disabilities Use the Web” ends tomorrow

From: Julie Rawe <jrawe@understood.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 23:32:03 -0500
To: Lisa Seeman <lisa1seeman@gmail.com>
Cc: public-cognitive-a11y-tf <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Thanks for the reminder, Lisa.

Was COGA consulted in creating the section on "Cognitive, learning and
neurological disabilities
<https://deploy-preview-113--wai-people-use-web.netlify.app/people-use-web/abilities-barriers-cognitive/>"?
Here are a few things in this section that caught my attention:

   - The first sentence in the summary is not easy to understand: "Cognitive,
   learning, and neurological disabilities involve neurodiversity and
   neurological disorders, as well as behavioral and mental health disorders
   that are not necessarily neurological."
   - The list of examples has a bullet for "multiple sclerosis" and a
   bullet for "seizure disorders."
   - The list of examples does not mention "brain injury" or "aphasia"
   (although the "memory impairments" bullet does mention "limited ability to
   recall language, so maybe that is a reference to aphasia?)

--

Julie Rawe

Special Projects Editor, Editorial Content, Understood

E: jrawe@understood.org | M: 917.588.4738

Pronounced Joo-lee Raw (like 'uncooked')

She | her [image:
https://www.understood.org/take-note?utm_medium=email&utm_source=email-community&utm_campaign=take-note-mb-y2-2021-employee-email&utm_content=image]