From: Lisa Seeman <lisa1seeman@gmail.com>
Sent: 01 October 2020 16:24
To: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>; John Kirkwood <kirkwood@citymouse.com>
Cc: public-cognitive-a11y-tf <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>; WCAG list (w3c-wai-gl@w3.org) <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Moving Silver Requirements to note

Hi Alastair
I still feel the requirements to address user needs must be clearly in the requirements section before any draft can be published.
How about adding to section 4, a section such as:

 Disability Needs: To address the user needs for a broad range of disabilities. This includes  the needs of low vision and people with learning and/or cognitive disabilities. The level of accommodation for different groups will be approximately equal. For example,  blocks to access must be at the same level, detail and scope, irregardless of the disability group they affect.

 If there turns out to be practical  issues with this inclusion, then it can be changed with group consensus in  subsequent versions (as it is a living document). However, the starting point must be to address user needs as a requirement, and not hope that good intent will be enough

Thanks, and all the best

Lisa