From: lisa.seeman <lisa.seeman@zoho.com>
Sent: 18 May 2020 10:03
To: James A. <A.James@soton.ac.uk>
Cc: Rochford, John <john.rochford@umassmed.edu>; public-cognitive-a11y-tf <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Important new W3C doc with info of interest to the COGA TF

The only problem it only represents why some of them were rejected. We got many of them beyond the testability level of other WCAG SC

Other big problems were wide applicability, author burden, lack of supporting tools etc.

My favorite example of "wide applicability " was when an SC was rejected by MS because it was not appropriate to implement for self programming routers. (which is arguably out of scope for WCAG anyway).

There was a conformance process, which meant that anyone can object for any reason. If three people were objecting it could not get though consensus.

LinkedIn<http://il.linkedin.com/in/lisaseeman/>, Twitter<https://twitter.com/SeemanLisa>

---- On Sun, 17 May 2020 15:59:30 +0300 James A. <A.James@soton.ac.uk<mailto:A.James@soton.ac.uk>> wrote ----

Hi John

Thank you for highlighting this document. I think it will be extremely useful for explaining to organisations why there are some gaps within WCAG and also why it is possible to make recommendations that are not part of the guidelines if they are suitable for the context of the content and audience.

Thanks again

Abi
COGA, University of Southampton