From: EA Draffan <ead@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2020 7:43 AM
To: Armony ALTINIER (Koena) <armony@koena.net>
Cc: public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org
Subject: Re: Request for review and consensus

+1 to what Armony has just said. It is the explanation that will help as we all have different ways of describing disabilities.
Best wishes
E.A.
Sent from my mobile phone

On 10 Jul 2020, at 10:02, Armony ALTINIER (Koena) <armony@koena.net<mailto:armony@koena.net>> wrote:

Hello,

From my "French" perspective, the decisions don't shock me as it is English, I don't really feel concerned. It would probably be a lot more controversial if it was in French.

Should be say "person with disability" or "disabled person"? "Person with autism" or "autistic person"? A person is disabled by her/his environment anyway, but the fact that she/he is blind, deaf, autistic, dyslexic, chronically ill… is another question. I am not sure we could have a universal approach. Your decision to decide an approach, explain it and try to be consistent is a good thing anyway.

My 2 cents,
Armony