Re: WCAG 2.2 status - Information in steps

my apologies for disappearing the last few weeks. I had a lot going on, but I’m back in the mix now. Steve Lee, John Kirkwood, and myself did add a little bit more content to the techniques 2 weeks ago. Steve did make the comment that he felt they were sufficient, as is, compared with other published techniques. I meant to send the below information a few weeks ago, but never got around to it. I really do think it’s important, very important to include the text I originally had alerting that stress triggers psychosis, even little minor computer problem stress. apparently I pasted in the wrong links to the Zgoogle Doc. Here are the correct links and relevant excerpts:
Stress Reactivity in Psychosis - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2632486/

Using the experience sampling method (ESM), a structured diary technique assessing current context, mood, and psychotic symptoms in daily life (I.M.-G., M. Oorschot, D. Collip, J. Lataster, P. Delespaul, J. Van Os, unpublished data),20<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2632486/#bib20> it was shown that increased risk for psychosis is associated with increased emotional reactivity to the small stresses of daily life. Thus, in a sample of psychotic patients in state of remission, first-degree relatives of patients with psychosis and healthy controls, patients reported a greater decrease in positive affect and a greater increase in negative affect than the healthy controls when they encountered stress, with the first-degree relatives displaying intermediate scores.19<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2632486/#bib19> In a general population twin sample, increased psychometric risk for psychosis (ie, high scores on a schizotypy questionnaire) was associated with increased emotional reactivity to stress. Furthermore, a cross-trait cross-twin association between stress reactivity and subclinical psychosis was found, indicating that emotional reactivity to stress may be an unconfounded intermediate phenotype associated with genetic risk for psychosis (T. Lataster, M. Wichers, N. Jacobs, et al, unpublished data). Stress also increased the intensity of subtle psychosis-like symptoms in the realm of daily life, both in patients and their first-degree relatives.21<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2632486/#bib21>

These findings suggest that the association between stress and psychosis may be a consequence of an underlying vulnerability, characterized by increased emotional and psychotic reactions to stress. Interestingly, increased stress reactivity was found to be unrelated (or even inversely related) to cognitive impairment, an intermediary phenotype associated with genetic risk for schizophrenia, thus suggesting the existence of different stress- and non–stress-related independent pathways to psychosis.22<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2632486/#bib22>,23<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2632486/#bib23> The stress reactivity pathway, which has also been termed the “affective pathway to psychosis,” has been hypothesized to preferentially underlie the positive symptoms of psychosis.20<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2632486/#bib20>

Behavioral Sensitization to Stress

In order to understand stress reactivity pathways, “sensitization” may be hypothesized to represent an underlying mechanism.24<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2632486/#bib24> Sensitization refers to the process whereby (repeated) exposure to a certain event increases the behavioral and biological response to later exposure to a similar event, even if the later exposure is not as severe (schematically depicted in figure 1<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2632486/figure/fig1/>). Increased emotional and psychotic reactions to stress may be the result of such a process of behavioral sensitization, occurring when previous exposures to severe or enduring stressors result in increased responses to the small stresses of daily life. Indeed, previous exposure to childhood trauma25<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2632486/#bib25> or life events26<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2632486/#bib26> has been suggested to increase the sensitivity to small stresses in daily life, the cumulative impact of which may lead to the development of impairment and need for care in individuals with initially subclinical or schizotypic levels of psychosis expression.20<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2632486/#bib20>

http://www.thedoctorwillseeyounow.com/content/stress/art1957.html

https://www.nami.org/Blogs/NAMI-Blog/March-2017/Understanding-Psychotic-Breaks

https://www.heretohelp.bc.ca/infosheet/psychosis

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/stress/stress-symptoms-signs-and-causes.htm