Re: Thoughts on editorial workflow that's easier to use

On 06/02/2020 13:40, lisa.seeman wrote:
> My initial review is that the pro's and cons do not real get the issue
> from a coga perspective.
>
> For exmple,
> "/Formatting requires entering markdown - but people who don't like it
> can add requests in the issue comments./ "
>
> This would be fro a COGA perspective:
>
> /"Formatting requires entering markdown or add issues - but many coga
> task force users can not use it and do not know how to add issues so
> they will no longer be able to participate and contribute" // > /

I should have explained that is the 'native format and the issue editor
has basic WYSIWYG facilities so they are not needed. However, they are
nowhere near as comprehensive as Google Docs - but that could even be a
good thing :)

If it was to work at I'd expect we would create issues as part of the
document structure setup - with one issue per topic (eg pattern). The
task force would then just work on an issues - rather like splitting our
google docs up into more managable chunks.

> Over all I think this will be a lot easier by phone,

OK

> but we dont want a
> process that means we can not get the participation we desperately need.

+1000

It looks like we're still looking for a better solution but I do think
exploring helps us refine our requirements.

Steve