Re: interactive version of the design guide

Thanks Lisa.

I attempted a quick mock up of your suggested layout changes to "needs"
and "testing" but given the 'early prototype' nature of the code it is
not particularly flexible. I can still do so if required.

However, here are a few thoughts after thinking about this some more:

1) the code is currently a true mockup as it requires features not
currently in the WAI web site framework. Thus there are rough edges, but
it shows the concept. There is a GithHub issue so we can work with Eric
and others of the Website team to get the best possible solution.

https://github.com/w3c/wai-website/issues/138

2) For the user needs I actually think they would be better moved so
there is one, and only one, at the start of each pattern, placed after
"Description".

* Why would we list any user stories that do not have a pattern to
address them?
* The user story would then frame the pattern so it is crystal clear
what should be included, and also possibly highlight anything missing
that should be added. That will help with the writing and review as
sometimes it's not quite clear form the title alone.
* The web version could be enhanced to include interactive filters for
user stories (etc) so they are all displayed together. There is lots we
*could* do here to make the content as usable as possible, perhaps even
for different reader groups.

3) If we have the user story in each pattern, we could do the same to
each user testing point. However:

* The more general testing advice should probably not be in the design
doc, but somewhere else. Perhaps enhancing existing WAI content
* Rather than an extra user testing point per pattern, doesn't the user
story tell you exactly what to test at the right level of detail for
this document?

Thus, by putting the effort in getting the user story correct, and based
on the Gap Analysis etc., we should get benefits such as clearly
understandable, implementable and testable Patterns.

Just some ideas and I'm jumping ahead a little of our current 1st Review

Steve